Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Words from my heart


Free to be me



When I was young I had this dream

I dream that I was a girl, with long hair in curls

I would run and play in the sunshine in my pretty sundress

Amongst the flowers with butterflies and bees.

Then I would awake

And realize that it was only a dream.

I was a boy with short hair and wore shorts

I would play in the garden and wonder why I dreamed like I did.

Then night would come

I would dream again that I was a pretty girl playing

Under a tree in the garden with dolls and tea set

Why, why would I dream

Dream the dreams that I did, was I a girl

Not a boy even though everyone told me that I was one

Then as I got older

I found that I was a girl inside, a woman

As I grew up I started to change the outside

To match the inside and happiness was what I found.

Free to be me,

Free form the social bounds that held me

Free to be me

Free from out of the closet doors that his me

Free to be me

Free from the social perceptions that trapped me

Free to be me

Free in the world that accepts me for me

Free to be me

This is my story....boy....girl....man...woman, the true me

Andrea Elva mulder 2008

This Girl in the Mirror

Who is this girl in the mirror?

Is she someone I know?

A cousin, girlfriend or someone else?

Do I know her, is she real?

Could she be someone from deep inside?

Is she, that girl inside of me?

She has to come out.

She has to live.

I cannot live this lie anymore.

I must set her free.

If I do not she will die and so will I.

This girl in the mirror.

She is me.

The true me, that lay hid.

Hidden so deep for far too long.

Today I will set her free.

And become who I really am.

This girl in the mirror I see, is me.

Andrea Elva Mulder 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment